Prostitution and Bodies

I have written two pieces elsewhere about forces that shape women's bodies:



As noted recently on this site, in my teens, I read The Naked Ape by Desmond Morris. He was a zoologist and ethologist, which is a branch of zoology concerned with studying behavior of animals.

So his book The Naked Ape describes humans through the lens of a zoologist and explains human behavior in terms of how biology shapes behavior and what biology says about human culture and behavior.

Many years ago, I saw a talk show where the guest was a woman trying to help prostitutes escape sex work and she talked about the fact that doing drugs and having sex took all their time and it was extremely hard to help them find a path out.

I have strong opinions about addiction and drug use. I've written a little about them on a health site of mine. 

Prostitutes supposedly are kept drugged up by pimps to make them pliable and easier to control and there's a general association between drugs or alcohol and casual sex. Alcohol is called a shot of liquid courage because we know it lowers inhibitions and studies show pedophiles intentionally drink and drug to facilitate assaulting children. And I've written about that previously on this site.

In my opinion, if you accept my hypothesis that addiction is frequently literally self medicating, odds are very high that prostitutes use illicit drugs in part to minimize harm from exposure to germs during their work.

Women get raised with and constantly inundated with a lot of messaging about how we are required to be more virtuous than men and virgins on the wedding night, etc, plus substance abuse in women is frowned upon more strongly than it is with men.

My understanding is most prostitutes end up in sex work as underage teens and then don't know how to escape it. Most likely, many of them have challenges escaping it because they have a self concept rooted in seeing themselves and their bodies in a way that makes it extremely hard to imagine being capable of having less sex or doing fewer drugs and it's unlikely the police or other authorities are in any way addressing this issue.

These are girls told they are shameful and no good and they are not in a position to ask anyone questions about their perception that "But, I think I am not qualified to do anything else because clearly my body is the body of a whore and this is the life I deserve and am best suited to and you can't fix me." And if they did, most people wouldn't be able to help them and would likely compound the problem.

They give testosterone to post menopausal women having sexual difficulties. Testosterone pushes up female sex drive and my understanding is simply having sex all day with multiple men will chemically push up your sex drive by exposing you to testosterone.

And most likely you crave drugs in part because it helps keep unidentified infection down to a dull roar. The way to break the cycle of addiction is to reduce your exposure to germs -- aka constant sex with random strangers -- and also identify and treat any infections they may have.

This will likely be a lengthy process. 

I have firsthand experience with "behaving like a HO" while doped to the gills. And as I got healthier and stopped being in constant excruciating pain and gradually took less medication, one by one, I dropped my excess number of virtual boyfriends.

And I'm extremely conservative by Western standards. I'm so conservative, I had a conservative older Middle Eastern boyfriend for some years.

Simply taking a teenaged girl and having men rub on her all day everyday will actively create the high sex drive and craving for drugs that seems to be a normal part of prostitution.

Rest assured, it's possible to walk all that back.