The Double or Triple Whammy

Women don't get schooled in how to make their case in public or with strangers who don't know them well the way men do.

https://califmichele.blogspot.com/2026/08/the-believe-women-meme.html

Laws are written almost entirely by men, for men and about men with implicit assumptions that if there is, for example, a physical altercation, it's two people physically equal with similar levels of combat training.


The general public has a poor understanding of the lives of women, especially old fashioned homemakers and full-time moms. Because we live private lives, the public gets very little information about how women live.

As women begin entering the workforce and pursuing serious careers, they are largely expected to try to conform to a male life pattern and male career pattern. No matter how much career success they have, their lives fail to be like that of men.


At the same time, these women who are beginning to figure out how to navigate a public life become people whose life experience is fundamentally different from that of full-time moms and homemakers or women who work but are still almost entirely financially dependent on a man.

The women gaining the necessary savvy for navigating public life have defacto become the enemies of full-time moms and homemakers.


Women who live the traditional female roles of wife and mom appear to have ABSOLUTELY no hope whatsoever of meaningful remedy.

I was a homemaker for two decades and I cannot begin to tell you the ABSOLUTELY ridiculous bullshit I have been subjected to in online forums where publicly self identifying as a chronically ill former homemaker and currently homeless freelance writer trying to deal effectively with my incurable genetic disorder got OPEN hostility and insane bullshit pushback like "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

Yes, I'm OBLIGATED to PROVE I REALLY have the diagnosis I have and I'm seeing improvements to be allowed to ASK QUESTIONS about medical topics.

On forums like METAFILTER, land of illogical BULLSHIT like BELIEVE WOMEN!!!!!

I was treated like a dangerous NUTCASE selling snake oil and ultimately BANNED for:

1. Trying to figure out how to support myself while extremely ill and homeless.

2. Trying to better understand my own debilitating health issue that is an orphan disease the entire medical and scientific world can't be arsed to significantly invest in fixing.

3. Trying to tell these insanely disrespectful abusive horrible people to respect me, no, I'm NOT stupid.


I pity the fool woman who has to deal with the courts.