The Courts Tag Here
Earlier today, I told a personal anecdote elsewhere about making an A minus in my Environmental Law class. I actually had two such classes and probably made an A minus in both.
I'm a social creature and I've studied things like psychology and negotiation and group dynamics. That's pertinent to law but it's not law.
I later worked in insurance for five years and the black-and-white, this is where the cut off happens thinking of that environment is driven by the need to be able to defend the decision in court if the company gets sued.
Some of my letters had to be reviewed and approved by the legal department and I got substantial exposure to those processes, but it's very much a playing against character experience for ME. That's not how my mind works AT ALL.
It's more like social analysis that I hope will be useful to lawyers and judges.